Happy New Year, welcome to 2013 everyone! We hope you enjoyed our last post about surviving the holidays. If you are like most people you probably have some new resolutions you have made. Elika Kormeili, our founder, believes that it is best to get your goal (yup it includes resolutions) down in writing. There is something that happens when you put things down it writing, it becomes a contract with yourself. Whether it is a personal goal, a health goal or a professional goal; get it down on paper. The new year is also about endings. We end one year in order to begin a new year or cycle. Are there things that you resolving not to do aka your un-resolutions? Maybe your un-resolutions are “I will not scream about my kids”, or “I will not be a workaholic”. In the spirit of resolutions and un-resolutions, we wanted to share ours with you.
Un-resolutions and Resolutions
1) We will not diet. Instead we will continue to eat a healthy and well-balanced diet. I will eat when I am hungry and stop when I am not.
2) We will not join a gym. Instead we will try new workout classes and go hiking.
3) We will not compare ourselves to others. Instead we will emphasize our strengths and be the best that we can be.
Elika has the following resolutions and un-resolutions
1) I will stop waiting to “make it big”. Instead of waiting to make it big to share my passions and talents, I will share them now. Specifically, I will create relaxation CDs that actually helps you relax. I will write a book.”
2) I will not forget my purpose. I will continue to work on building Center for Healthy and Happy Living and helping it meet its mission to help others create healthy lifestyle habits (via stress reduction, healthy eating, and getting more active).”
3) I will not wait until I am “thin enough”, “rich enough” or in a “perfect relationship”. I will each and every moment, learn from each opportunity and be grateful for what I have.
4) I will not neglect my friends. I will continue to work on my relationships as they are important to me.
Don’t forget to check out our Stress Less in LA services. Stay tuned for more information about our weight loss coaching program.
We would love to hear from you, what are your new year’s resolutions and un-resolutions? How can we help?